Friday, March 10, 2006

Random friday night. thoughts

It's friday night and as usual here I am all alone... sigh... guess I will blog.

Go here: ObjectDock to give your windows PC a bit of a Mac OS feel, it's a cool little applet that I am finding pretty useful. I have almost zero icons on my desktop now.

For the record I am NOT watching 'Shall We Dance' starring Richard Gere and Jennifer Lopez right now.

Anyone remember Junkyard Wars? That was a good show... once it moved to America it was all downhill from there but still a good show. Rico says that Mythbusters has filled the void left in his heart by Junkyard Wars. While I agree that Mythbusters is a very entertaining show it doesn't quite live up to the ingenuity displayed by those people sifting through mounds of scrap to make a tank or an airplane (yes there was one episode of the american version where teams made airplanes from scrap, and they all got up in the air if I remember correctly). I think I remmember an episode of the American Junkyard Wars that was like a cross country race. Three teams started in one junkyard, made a car loaded it up with junk then had to race a few hundred miles to another junkyard where they had to modify their vehicle to do some task then race to another yard a few hundred miles away etc. etc. Too bad that show didn't last, I'd still be watching it.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion officially comes out in 10 days.

I bought three Star Trek movies today for $11 each. Couldn't turn that down, they were collectors editions even, I am a sucker for 'collectors' editions. Strangly enough these are the first Star Trek DVD products I have purchased. I got First Contact, Insurrection, and Nemesis. Granted perhaps only First Contact was worth owning, but still, Star Trek... $11... irresitable.

I put gas in my car today, 3/4 of a tank was $33. That seems like a lot to me.

Who here hasn't played a pen and paper role playing game a la Dungeons and Dragons, raise your hand. Well you should, you don't know what your missing. Last week we had eight people at our D&D session and it was a blast. We went on way longer than we expected to just because people were actually role playing instead of just getting to the fighting, lots of laughs. If any of you virgins out there want to try let me know, I've got D&D and Star Wars. Anyone who likes reading or movies would like a role playing game, I think people are just afraid of the 'geek' stereo-types that have been heaped on rpg's.

Tomorrow is Star Wars marathon day! We are watching all six Star Wars movies at my brother Keith's house. Should be a good time and really neat watching the whole story end to end.

I like Ikea.

Nelly Furtado, where is your new album? Mike and I are still waiting.

I think I need a new hobby.

Is it just me or is Harry Potter getting uglier as he gets older?

Are you bored yet? I might be running out of random things to blog about, at least for tonight. All right, I guess I am done.

3 comments:

G-8 Summit said...

I enjoyed this blog. I like random thoughts blogs. they make me laugh. Thanks for a good start to my monday monday
Big B

Tammy Williams said...

I remember Junkyard Wars and even getting together at yours and Peter's place for it. What a fun time! I think I even remember those episodes you were talking about. I have to agree with Rico though - Mythbusters ROCKS and is possibly better than Junkyard Wars. But I am semi-American now so what can I say!

Anonymous said...

G and I watched Junkyard Wars faithfully. Too bad it's no longer on the air. We watch Mythbusters, but not so faithfully.