Friday, May 26, 2006

Electronic Boutique

Electronic Boutique has let me down.  I have been egearly awaiting the release of Heroes of Might and Magic V, otherwise known as HOMM V.  It was supposed to come out on the 23rd.  I called EB and asked if they had it, they said no, it would not come out until the 26th now.  I was dissapointed but this kind of thing happens so I took it in stride.  I checked Future shops website on Thursday they said one store in the city had it, I was puzzled as my old faithful EB said it wasn't coming out until the 26th.  I called EB to see if it had arrived early... no luck... worse than that they now said it was not coming out until the 29th!!!!  What is going on?  Were they just trying to torture me?  Still, I trusted them, they have always been there for me in the past, I was not about to abandon them.  Well today I found myself near a Futureshop and thought I would just go in and take a look, expecting to find nothing.. well, they had some nice new copies of HOMM V on an end-cap.  Long story short, Electronics Boutique has let me down.  They failed in their mission to bring me games in a timely manner.  Perhaps next week they will make for their transgression by bringing in the new Hitman 47 game on time.  And for the record I am still not down with this whole EB Games name change... to me they will be forever Electronic Boutique.  Gamestop recently bought them out, hopefully they won't change names again to Gamestop... stupid name that... Gamestop.

2 comments:

Ben said...

Yes, they have been EB Games for quite some time now... I'm still not happy about it, I think there was nothing wrong with Electronic Boutique

Jason Your Car Guy said...

i hate it when that happens