Thursday, March 02, 2006

Brain Dump

So this week marks the start of 4 consecutive weeks in which there is a game coming out that I intend to purchase. This week was Battle for Middle-earth II, next week is Ghost Recon: Advanced War Fighter (or GWAR as I am calling it, GWAR sounds cooler than GRAWF... although... GRAWF... hmmm... that does sound cool GRAWF), then The Outfit, then it's the biggie, The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion... I am expecting that one to blow my mind and keep me occupied for many months. I am trying to keep my expectations low so that my enjoyment will be high (the universal law of expectations vs. enjoyment, the lower your expectations the more you will enjoy something, even if it's not that great, rarely do video games or movies live up to high expectations).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Grant MacEwan College is looking for gamers to study. They're making some comparison between game players and increased intelligence. Saw it on the new last night.

Ben said...

hmmm interesting

Ben said...

Nuts. I only qualify for 3 of their 4 criteria. I did not play video games until waaaay after grade 3, we didn't have a nintendo until I was in grade 8 or 9, and any video gaming before that was confined to the arcade or a friends house and that can't have been much earlier than grade 6 or 7, before that it was all about real, physical toys... yuk... I had to actually touch things, how mundane. (Yes yes, I have to touch a controller to play a video game but you know what I mean)

# You must play video games several times per week.
# Your average gaming session should be over 2 hours.
# You need to have been playing video games before grade three.
# And, in your gaming life, you need to have played more than 50 different games.