Friday, November 11, 2005


Meant to blog this awhile ago. So I recently purchased the 'Collectors' editions of two games, Fear and Age of Empires III. Both were more expensive than the regular version and both were the same price. You can see from the pictures that one was obviously a better value. I pre-ordered and pre-paid Fear so when I got to the store to pick it up I kinda felt like I had no choice but to take it, needless to say I felt a little ripped off. Collectors edition and the dvd came in a paper sleave, oh and note the nice message they included warning me to upgrade right away once it was installed as they shipped a broken product. Ripped off. Age of Empire III on the other hand should be the text book of how to do Collectors editions right. It was beautiful. Lot's of stuff, nice cases, and the best part, the part that can make me buy a game even if I had no interest in it previously it came with a beautiful art book filled with concept and digital art from all three games in the series. I love concept art. If I could instantaneously change careers that's what I would be, concept artist for film or games. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

BethJoy said...

Wow that is alot of stuff...

RainbowBrite said...

I am home Benny